Hart Custom #556: 6/8 Royal Camo Hart Steel Artisanal Straight Razor
6/8 Royal Camo Hart Steel Artisanal Straight Razor
Proudly made in Michigan, USA
About the Razor:
- 6/8 Blade
- Royal Camo Wood Scales
- Quarter Hollow
- Spanish Point
- Stainless Steel
- Made in the USA
Every part of this Hart straight razor is created and assembled in the USA. Our steel is tested at a Rockwell hardness of 63, giving your razor the sharpest and most long-lasting edge possible. In the spirit of American cottage industry, our razors are created by Artisan Technicians (AT). One AT from start to finish, has hand ground, marked, sharpened, and assembled each razor. You'll find the AT's personalized mark proudly stamped on each razor to indicate his craftsmanship.
- Each razor is made, from start to finish, by an individual craftsman. The initials on the tang are the maker's assurance of quality.
- All blades are made from new O-1 tool steel. There are no old forgings or “mystery metal”.
- All blades are surface ground before and after heat treating. These razors are guaranteed to be straight for ease of stropping and honing.
- All blades are heat treated in a molten salt bath. The salt protects the blades from decarberization and oxidation.
- All blades are frozen in liquid nitrogen. The deep freezing assures dimensional stability.
- All blades are triple tempered for a final hardness of 62 – 63 HRC.