Hart Steel 6/8 Satin Square STRAIGHTBACK Straight Razor
This product is currently sold out.
Proudly made in Michigan, USA
BLADE WIDTH: 6/8 " RAZOR GRIND: Quarter RAZOR NOSE: Square RAZOR FINISH: Satin RAZOR SPINE: Straightback
Hart innovation and experimentation continues with the first limited production "Straightback" straight razors. A different Hart Steel blade profile was carved out of the O-1 steel with which each blade begins. The usual gentle 'smile' in the spine of Hart razors has been 'straightened' out to please those looking for a more classical razor-back. Everything else that makes a Hart razor give a great shave remains intact.
Every part of this Hart straight razor is created and assembled in the USA. Our steel is tested at a Rockwell hardness of 63, giving your razor the sharpest and most long-lasting edge possible. In the spirit of American cottage industry, our razors are created by Artisan Technicians (AT). One AT from start to finish, has hand ground, marked, sharpened, and assembled each razor. You'll find the AT's personalized mark proudly stamped on each razor to indicate his craftsmanship.
- Each razor is made, from start to finish, by an individual craftsman. The initials on the tang are the maker's assurance of quality.
- All blades are made from new O-1 tool steel. There are no old forgings or “mystery metal”.
- All blades are surface ground before and after heat treating. These razors are guaranteed to be straight for ease of stropping and honing.
- All blades are heat treated in a molten salt bath. The salt protects the blades from decarberization and oxidation.
- All blades are frozen in liquid nitrogen. The deep freezing assures dimensional stability.
- All blades are triple tempered for a final hardness of 62 – 63 HRC.
- All blades are finish honed on a vintage Escher hone and hand stropped. Every blade is “shave ready” right out of the box.