*RAVEN LIMITED EDITION* Black Hart Custom #400 6/8 Spike Point Pointed Tail
RAZOR WIDTH: 6/8
GRIND: 1/4 Hollow
THE BLADE: O1 Steel, Gun Blue "Blackened Blade"
Scales: Black Resin
Limited Series Hart Steel Razors Treated with Gun Bluing to resist rust. Same process used on revolvers and rifle barrels to resist corrision available on a limited basis for Hart Steel Razors. Heirloom-quality razor, engineered and manufactured by a Hart Steel artisan bladesmith. Sure to become your favorite daily shaver and built to outlast your chin and countless others as a cherished family treasure. But remember, not only will you pass down a handcrafted tool, you'll also need to teach your hard-earned knowledge of blade maintenance to whomever acquires this razor on its second orbit.
Every part of this Hart straight razor is created and assembled in the USA. Our steel is tested at a Rockwell hardness of 63, giving your razor the sharpest and most long-lasting edge possible. In the spirit of American cottage industry, our razors are created by Artisan Technicians (AT). One AT from start to finish, has hand ground, marked, sharpened, and assembled each razor.You'll find the AT's personalized mark proudly stamped on each razor to indicate his craftsmanship.
For everyday use, apply Classic Brand razor oil, for long term storage we recommend Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide with Precision Applicator. Each of these Hart razor comes with its own storage box, care instructions and a protective sheath.
What is Different About Hart Steel Razors?
- Each razor is made, from start to finish, by an individual craftsman. The initials on the tang are the maker's assurance of quality.
- All blades are made from new O-1 tool steel. There are no old forgings or “mystery metal”.
- All blades are surface ground before and after heat treating. These razors are guaranteed to be straight for ease of stropping and honing.
- All blades are heat treated in a molten salt bath. The salt protects the blades from decarberization and oxidation.
- All blades are frozen in liquid nitrogen. The deep freezing assures dimensional stability.
- All blades are triple tempered for a final hardness of 62 – 63 HRC.
- All blades are finish honed on a vintage Escher hone and hand stropped. Every blade is “shave ready” right out of the box.