Dylan Farnham Custom Viking Ax
This product is currently sold out.
At Classic Shaving, we believe in using simple, high-quality tools that you only need to buy once and will last a lifetime. Dylan Farnham's work delivers just that. From its hand-sculpted head and handle to its crazy sharp hand-forged edge, this tool is usable art.
Here are the specs:
- Length: Head 6.4″; Edge 5.5″; Overall 17.7″
- Weight: 25.45 Ounces
- Hand-Forged 5160 high-carbon steel
- Viking art etched
- “Antique Etched” and heat treatment coloration
- Sculpted and Scorched Ash Handle
- Elk and Deer Skin Handle Wrap
- Leather Sheath with Elk Skin retention flap (with mink jaw-bone) and adjustable deer skin belt (can be worn over the right shoulder with tomahawk under the left arm or worn as a midsection belt on either side)
It's funny who you'll find literally in your backyard. In our case, it was a straight razor artisan, Dylan Farnham who has set up shop in the mountains of Idyllwild, CA. Remember his name, because this guy is the real deal. Not only does he shave with his own straight razor every other day, but get this: Dylan spent over a year riding a motorbike solo through South America, camping most nights. He depended on three blades made by his own hand to see him through—a non-folding straight razor, a larger Bowie-esque belt knife, and a 21 inch "short-sword". All three tools saw heavy use, but returned good as new. They are still in use today. That's a Dylan Farnham blade: a masterpiece of steel designed to do some serious work. Mixing rugged functionality with a sublime artist's hand, Dylan's straight razors are not only built to last for generations, they are aesthetically unlike any we have ever seen. Take a look for yourself. Check out his razors and some of his knives along with their technical specs on our website. We here at Classic Shaving couldn't be more proud to sell Dylan's line of custom straight razors and knives to our collection. Those of you lucky enough to grab these razors... enjoy!