Dylan Farnham Custom "Silver Cloud" Kamisori Razor
* Note- Shipping Cost includes full insurance and signature required (in the U.S.) *
At Classic Shaving, we believe in using simple, high-quality tools that you only need to buy once and will last a lifetime. Dylan Farnham's work delivers just that. From its hand-sculpted spine and scales to its crazy sharp hand-forged edge, this tool is usable art.
– I/4 inch O-1 Tool Steel
– Edge-quenched and tempered to 63 – 64 Rockwell hardness
– "Fractured" textured spine and tang
– "Silver clouds" finish (multi-layered silver plating and patina technique)
– Buck-eye burl and resin cast handle
– Antiqued bamboo box lined with elk skin
– Leather sheath with custom made antique-style leather nails
It's funny who you'll find literally in your backyard. In our case, it was a straight razor artisan, Dylan Farnham who has set up shop in the mountains of Idyllwild, CA. Remember his name, because this guy is the real deal. Not only does he shave with his own straight razor every other day, but get this: Dylan spent over a year riding a motorbike solo through South America, camping most nights. He depended on three blades made by his own hand to see him through—a non-folding straight razor, a larger Bowie-esque belt knife, and a 21 inch "short-sword". All three tools saw heavy use, but returned good as new. They are still in use today. That's a Dylan Farnham blade: a masterpiece of steel designed to do some serious work. Mixing rugged functionality with a sublime artist's hand, Dylan's straight razors are not only built to last for generations, they are aesthetically unlike any we have ever seen. Take a look for yourself. Check out his razors and some of his knives along with their technical specs on our website. We here at Classic Shaving couldn't be more proud to sell Dylan's line of custom straight razors and knives to our collection. Those of you lucky enough to grab these razors... enjoy!